Monday, October 23, 2006

:: Dr. FeelGood ::


:: i finally found the secret to feeling ok about life. of course i find the same thing almost every time i swing my leg over the top tube. it's amazing how short my memory is when it comes to this. things begin to pile up in life's inbox and a crushing feeling is overtaking my soul. "you can't possibly take time today to relax; there is too much to do and not enough time" i hear my inner voice saying. but there is a draw. 8am and the sun is shining. air is crisp. leaves are hundreds of colors - like a masters painting begging to be experienced. turning my head to ignore the inbox as i pass. it's only moments before a rush of endorphines are coursing through the veins. a twinkle appears behind the sleep sand still in my eyes; like that of a child on christmas morning. today the squirrels are busy collecting the final stores before winter. the juxtaposition of blue jays against the goldens and greens. a visit from the friendly ruffed grouse who asks me why it's been so long since my last visit. he's changed so much in the few weeks since our last meeting - looks much more mature but still has an inquisitive innocence that makes me envy his existence. after a hearty lunch i return my attention to the life inbox and begin to plug away. it seems no less insurmountable as it did a few hours before, but it's importance is now diluted. will i remember my secret tomorrow? mr. grouse, please pray that i do ::

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a poet my friend. If the phD doesn't work out you have a career in writing! Great photos too! Tell Eddie HI from me.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home