Wednesday, January 10, 2007

:: New Year ::

:: i will not resolve to start this year better than the last. nor will i resolve to lose some weight and get in shape (any shape other than pear that is). i'm not planning to finish the phd. i won't try to be a better person or eat healthier. i'm not hoping to cat up this season, or win the state time trial. i'm not going to try and do anything different. maybe this way i won't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. ::

:: went to the gym today for the beginning of the pre-season lifting. in my mind i was trying to recount all the things that kept me from having the season i wanted to last year. it seems it was over as soon as it started, and it all took me by surprise. during my warm up i decided that the main failure of last season was the extreme of the ups and downs, and the lack of consistency. i was gun-ho for the rest of the work out up to the shoulder press, my weakest exercise - i had 25lbs on each arm and was straining. between sets the beefcake next to me grunted 'er, i er, took some of the plates off your machine. er, sorry...' at this point i noticed a blister on my hand. perhaps i should take the rest of the week off. ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home